outwords glbt resource directory
if you would like your organization listed here, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rainbow Resource Centre (RRC): 170 Scott St. Phone: 474-0212. Email: email@example.com Web: www.rainbowresourcecentre.org. Counselling intake: 452-7508. Peer Support: 284-5208 or 1-888-399-0005.
- Dreamcatchers: Weekly therapeutic group for women and transgenders contemplating leaving the sex trade. Call 784-4065.
- Fort Garry Women’s Resource Centre: Feminist organization. Information/counselling. 1150-A Waverley St. 477-1123, www.fgwrc.ca
- FTM Alliance of Winnipeg: Transgender/transsexual female-to-male issues. Meetings at the RRC, first Tues. of the month, from 7:30-9:30 p.m.
- gAy&E: Participate in the Winnipeg arts, cultural, and entertainment scene. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gay Fathers of Winnipeg: Email email@example.com. www.gayfathersofwinnipeg.com
- Goldenboys (Gay and Lesbian Volleyball League): Recreational league. Call Mike at 452-5780 or Mark at 774-2122.
- Keystone Rainbow Curling League (GLBT curling league). www.keystonecurling.com
- L*ACE group: For women interested in the Winnipeg arts, cultural, and entertainment scene. Email firstname.lastname@example.org. www.acelace.spaces.live.com
- Lambda: Manitoba's GLBT Business Chamber. P.O. Box 1575, Main Station, Winnipeg, MB, R3C 2Z4. 944-0354. Email: email@example.com, www.lambdabiz.com.
- LEGIT - Canadian immigration information for same sex couples www.LEGIT.ca
- Lesbian Parents of Winnipeg: Monthly activities in the community for parents and kids to build connections and have fun. Find us on Facebook or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- LGBTT* Initiative at Red River College: 632-2404, email@example.com, www.rrc.mb.ca/LGBTTInitiative
- Live and Let Live: Group of Alcoholics Anonymous. Wed. at 8 p.m. at Holy Names House of Peace, 211 Edmonton St.
- Masquerade: Crossdresser, transvestite, and transgender group. www.masquerade.ca or call 452-1100.
- Men’s Resource Centre: 200-321 McDermot Ave. Counselling Services for men. Emergency shelter for men fleeing intimate partner abuse. 204.415.6797 or 1.855.MRC.MRCS 1.855.672.6727 website: www.mens-resource-centre.ca or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ndinawe/Red River College: Child & Youth Care Certificate Program for folks formerly involved in the sex trade. Call 582-1978.
- Out There Sports & Recreation: GLBT sports and recreation events in Winnipeg www.gaycanada.com/outthere.
- Parents, Friends & Family of Transgender Individuals: Meets at the Rainbow Resource Centre on the second Monday of every month, in the library at 7 p.m. Contact pffoTI@gmail.com
- PFLAG (Parents, Family, and Friends of Lesbians and Gays): Call Helen at 474-2008, mail c/o the RRC or email email@example.com
- Peer Project for Youth (PPY) is a program that offers LGBTTQA* youth a safe, fun place to learn new skills, create projects and celebrate our identities. PPY meets weekly. . Phone (204) 284-2799. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PolyWinnipeg is a pansexual social, support and educational group for polyamorous people in Winnipeg and area, www.polywinnipeg.com
- Rainbow Educators of Manitoba (REM): Meets once a month. Cindy at 837-6036 or Manny at 478-1402.
- Rainbow Harmony Project: GLBTT chorus. Phone 204-782-2146, Email email@example.com or www.rainbowharmonyproject.ca
- Rainbow Link – free LGBT material for libraries and LGBT groups www.RainbowLink.ca
- Rainbow Pride Mosaic: GLBT resource centre at U of M, email firstname.lastname@example.org www.umsu.ca/rainbowpride
- Rainbow Refugee Committee - information for LGBT refugee claimants email@example.com
- Sexuality Education Resource Centre: Resources and information. 200-226 Osborne Street North, R3C 1V4. 982-7800. www.serc.mb.ca
- The Snowy Owl Monarchist Society: Non-profit fundraising for organizations that enrich the GLBT community. Box 26053, 676 Portage Avenue, R3G 0M4.
- Transgender Support Group: Meets third Fri. of the month, 7:30 p.m. at the RRC. All welcome. www.winnipegtransgendergroup.com
- University of Manitoba Peer Advisors: Room 150, University Centre. 474-6696.
- University of Winnipeg UWSA LGBT* Centre: 786-9025. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, www.theuwsa.ca/services-student-groups
- Winnipeg Lesbian and Gay Pride: Not-for-profit volunteer organization responsible for annual Pride Day and assists in community Pride Festival events. Email email@example.com, www.gaypridewinnipeg.com
- Anakhnu Jewish GLBT Group: A program of the Rady Jewish Community Centre. Social and cultural programs. 477-7537, Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dignity Winnipeg: GLBT Catholics and friends, meet every third Friday at Augustine United Church, 444 River Ave. at Osborne. Doors open 6 p.m. Call Thomas, 287-8583, or Sandra, 779-6446. Email email@example.com, www.dignitycanada.org
- Rainbow Ministry (Outreach of the United Church): 302-G Weston St., Call 954-2904.
Winnipeg Full Moon Group: A place for Wiccan and pagan-minded people of all genders and sexual orientations. Contact Laurie 287-2300 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Augustine United Church: 444 River Ave. at Osborne. 284-2250.
- Temple Shalom: Reform Judaism. See www.templeshalomwinnipeg.ca
- Unitarian Universalist Church of Winnipeg (Liberal Religion): 603 Wellington Crescent 474-1261.
- Young United: 222 Furby St. Call 783-0128.
HEALTH & HIV/AIDS
- Gay Men's Health Clinic: Gay Doctors for men who have sex with men. Four Rivers Medical Clinic, 647 Broadway Ave. 204-786-8588 www.gmhc.ca
- House of Hesed: Safe HIV/AIDS transition house. 772-4793, (fax) 783-0494, email info@HouseofHesed.ca. www.HouseofHesed.ca. Note: This organization may receive financing from an ex-gay ministry.
- LGBTT/Sexual & Gender Minorities: Workshops, Presentations, Seminars. The Rainbow Resource Centre provides education, awareness and outreach that assists health-care providers, educators (K-12 and post-secondary), students (K-12), social service and commercial service providers in addressing the issues faced by LGBTT people. Call 474-0212.
- Kali Shiva AIDS Services: Non-medial support for people living with or at risk for HIV/AIDS. 646 Logan, Call 783-8565 or 774-0708, or email email@example.com
- Nine Circles Community Health Centre: 705 Broadway. HIV primary-care services, 940-6000, 1-888-305-8647.
- Provincial AIDS/STI Information Line: 945-2437 or 1-800-782-2437, Mon.to Fri. from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Sage House: Drop-in and outreach for street-involved women and transgenders living as women. 943-6379.
- Street Connections: Needle exchange, safer crack use kits, condoms, info and service connections. Call 981-0742.
- The Fantasia Affair: A cabaret exploring drag culture. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Fantasia Affair group on Facebook.
- Winnipeg Gay and Lesbian Film Society Inc.: Phone 775-6457. Email email@example.com, www.reelpride.org
- 7th Street Health Access Centre: Counselling and programming related to sexual health, addictions, and mental health. 20-7th St., 578-4800.
- PFLAG (Parents, Family & Friends of Lesbians and Gays): Meets monthly. For more information, call 727-0417.
- Sexuality Education Resource Centre: Coffeehouse for GLBT community and friends, third Thurs. of every month at 7 p.m. at 161-8th St,. Also support group for GLBT youth under 25. Call 727-0417. www.serc.mb.ca
- Kenora Lesbians Phone Line: 807-468-5801, Tues., 7 to 9 p.m.